November 1, 2021
How to Apply
In order to submit your application, please complete the following:
- General Information
- A one-page summary of your proposed work
- A one-paragraph Candidacy Statement describing your personal views of the APS, its future, and suggestions to foster the Young Investigator Colloquium
After selections have been made, the selected candidates will be asked to submit a 4-6 page research proposal prior to the meeting. This proposal will be reviewed by the mentors and other young scholars in their small group.
Application opening soon!
This selective program is open to young investigators who desire a research-focused experience, and will take place in Long Beach, CA, in conjunction with the 2022 APS Annual Meeting. Colloquium scholars will receive complimentary meeting registration for two consecutive years and a travel stipend.
The American Psychosomatic Society (APS) is pleased to accept applications for the 2022 class of the Young Investigator Colloquium. The purpose of this half-day Colloquium is to bring together the expertise of senior mentors paired with postgraduate “rising star” trainees (i.e., physician fellows, residents, and postdoctoral fellows). The selected trainees will be paired with a mentor that share similar interests. The goal of the Colloquium is to contribute to the academic success of each participant. Each attendee will have the opportunity to present his/her proposed research in order to receive productive feedback.
- Travel Stipend
- Attend the Young Investigator Colloquium
- Complimentary Reception the night before
- Complimentary 2022 Annual Meeting registration in Long Beach, CA
- Guaranteed attendance at the 2023 Annual Meeting
- Complimentary Reception the night before the 2023 Young Investigator Colloquium