How to Apply
In order to submit your application, please complete the following:
- General Information
- A one-page summary of your proposed work
- A one-paragraph Candidacy Statement describing your personal views of the APS, its future, and suggestions to foster the Young Investigator Colloquium
After selections have been made, the selected candidates will be asked to submit a 4-6 page research proposal prior to the meeting. This proposal will be reviewed by the mentors and other young scholars in their small group.
Deadline has passed.
This selective program is open to young investigators who desire a research-focused experience, and will take place in Brighton, United Kingdom, in conjunction with the 2024 APS Annual Meeting. Colloquium scholars will receive complimentary meeting registration for two consecutive years and a travel stipend.
The American Psychosomatic Society (APS) is pleased to accept applications for the 2024 class of the Young Investigator Colloquium. The purpose of this half-day Colloquium is to bring together the expertise of senior mentors paired with postgraduate “rising star” trainees (i.e., physician fellows, residents, postdoctoral fellows, and early career faculty who recently completed training). The selected trainees will be paired with a mentor that share similar interests. The goal of the Colloquium is to contribute to the academic success of each participant. Each attendee will have the opportunity to present his/her proposed research in order to receive productive feedback.
- Travel Stipend
- Attend the Young Investigator Colloquium
- Complimentary Reception the night before
- Complimentary 2024 Annual Meeting registration in Brighton, United Kingdom
- Complimentary 2025 Annual Meeting registration
- Complimentary Reception the night before the 2025 Young Investigator Colloquium
Interested in being a YIC Mentor? Click here for more information and to apply.