The success and impact of the APS I2EyE Scholar Cohort Program rely on the servant leadership of APS members and their commitment to fostering the inclusion and engagement of underrepresented talent trained in and conducting clinical practice and research programs in biopsychosocial science. The APS Ambassador aims to promote positive outcomes for their I2EyE Scholar by providing support that cultivates member belonging and engagement in the APS mission. The I2EyE Ambassador will guide the awardee through their annual meeting experience as an I2EyE Scholar and serve as an APS point of contact during the two-year award. Further, the I2EyE Ambassador is expected to broker scientific, professional development, and mentorship considerations on the Scholar’s behalf and connect the Scholar to scientific, service, award, or other relevant opportunities within the Society.
The I2EyE Ambassador Award
For two consecutive years, the I2EyE Ambassador receives:
1. A travel stipend to offset in-person participation in APS Annual Meetings.
2. Complimentary registration to pre-conference mentoring workshops.
3. Complimentary I2EyE Reception with APS leadership.
4. Logistic support to participate in Scholars’ identification, interview, and selection of their I2EyE Ambassador.
5. Annual Meeting Awards Ceremony, Annual Meeting program app, and APS website recognition.
6. Support establishing yearly mutual agreements on your Scholar’s goals, means, and anticipated engagement outcomes while in the I2EyE Scholar Program.
7. An opportunity to be considered for an I2EyE community award with the award’s name, purpose, criteria, and selection process TBD by second-year Scholars.
I2EyE Ambassador Eligibility
1. Current APS member. Please note:
– The ambassadorship opportunity is open to all career levels recognized within APS.
2. Register for and attend the Annual Meeting.
I2EyE Ambassador Application Requirements
- Letter of interest, limited to two typed single-spaced pages using 12-point font and 1” margins, briefly describing your:
- Interest in the I2EyE Scholar Cohort Program and serving as an I2EyE Ambassador.
- Relevant qualifications, skills, training, or mentorship experience.
- Requirements/preferred attributes of those you formally/informally mentor or serve as a professional development guide/coach.
- Commitment to the two-year Cohort travel award program and it’s expectations of its I2EyE Ambassadors and Scholars (see I2EyE Scholar Cohort Program, I2EyE Scholar Cohort Program Appendix, and I2EyE Scholar Cohort Program Ambassadorship Appendix).
- Biographical sketch in the National Institutes of Health (NIH) format and limited to no more than five pages. Biosketch format pages, instructions, and samples can be accessed at https://grants.nih.gov/grants/forms/biosketch.htm.
How to Apply
- Combine the application materials into a single PDF as follows:
1.1. Letter of interest.
1.2. Biographical sketch.
- Save as Last Name_First Name_2024 APS I2EyE Scholar Cohort Ambassadorship Application.