After 10 years as Editor-in-chief, the term of Willem J. Kop, Ph.D, is concluding. The Editor Search Committee of the American Psychosomatic Society announces its Call for Applications for the Editor of the Society’s official organ Psychosomatic Medicine. The editorship is a five-year term by the concurrence of two-thirds of the American Psychosomatic Society Council. The Editor is responsible for selecting staff of editors representing various medical and biological disciplines and, upon appointment, will have the right to select a new Editorial Board. A job description is available here.
The term officially begins in December 2021, but the newly selected Editor will spend the October and November shadowing the current Editor to learn the position.
To apply, please provide the committee with the following:
- Brief letter of application
- Your curriculum vitae
- Statement of your conception of the journal including:
- the kinds of articles you would like to see published
- the kinds of innovations you would want to introduce
- thoughts related to diversity, equity, and inclusion among associate editors/editorial board staffing and the science relevant to the journal
- Letter of support from your institution
Applicants must be members of the American Psychosomatic Society.
Applications are due via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 9, 2021.
Editor Search Committee
Mustafa al’Absi, PhD
Joel Dimsdale, MD
Sue Everson-Rose, PhD
Paige Green, PhD
Christoph Herrmann-Lingen, MD
Jeff Huffman, MD
Maria Llabre, PhD